Lords Corp Forum

Please login to view forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lords Corp Forum

Please login to view forum.

Lords Corp Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Lords Corp, Galaxy Online 2

5 posters

Defending Zone 16 Resource Planet

Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Defending Zone 16 Resource Planet Empty Defending Zone 16 Resource Planet

Post  Lord_Unseen Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:12 am

Congratulations everybody who participated in the attack on the Resource Planet in zone 16, it was a great success. But we cannot rest, every three days the resource planet comes out of its protection phase and must be defended by us. Now, I need to know who wants to participate in the first defense on the 24th. Please let me know in this thread. I do not expect anyone outside of zone 16 to help. Also, I would like to know where everybody in zone 16 stands on their ship based tech.
    DrGnBean

Defending Zone 16 Resource Planet Empty Re: Defending Zone 16 Resource Planet

Post  DrGnBean Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Seeing as I am currently right next to the planet I will gradly help defend on the 24th with you. I can probably send 4 fleets a total of around 14,000 ships. If you need me to send more (that is about half my fleet) let me know as well.

I am teched in Directinal, missle and ship based weapons up to at least the skill that attacks multiple ships. I am upgraded in shield tech for my defensive tech. (is this what you wanted? you want more details? I am not 100% sure what you where asking for i guess let me know)

DrGnBean
    vossboss

Post  vossboss Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:58 am

my directional is advanced greatly, but thats it. i got 5k ships, i know its not much but all i got atm, im to low on gold to get any more.
    Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Lord_Unseen Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:09 am

Thanks DrGnBean you'll be a lot of help. What I'm really looking for is a more... permanent arrangement. Since the planet will need to be defended every three days, I'd like those defending it to make one or two fleets dedicated to the defense. My goal with this resource planet is to properly defend it without taking all the resources of the people involved. I don't anticipate an attack on the 24th as I don't think any of the nearby corps are strong enough to try, but we should have a force there anyway.

DrGnBean, what I would like you to concentrate on, if you could, is a tank fleet or two. Ideally, these would be ballistics or directional fleets (preferably ballistics) with very low attack power but very high defense, preferably consisting of frigates. These will be placed near the entrance with the purpose of hemming in any attacking fleets for as many rounds as possible. It will make them good targets for missile and ship based attack fleets. Ideally, their movement speed would be 1-2, as they won't need to be chasing much, if you feel they need to be lower or higher, do it, I'm not worried about that part.

I think a specialized approach is better in this case so we won't need to scramble and organize every time the zone 16 resource planet comes out of protection. Keeping some separate fleets that you tend and upgrade for the resource planet also frees up your main fleet during the days it's out of protection.

Another good thing to remember, since these will be low damage fleets, the effective stack size for the ship type (ie: 1100 for frigates) is irrelevant. We want stacks that can take as much damage as possible, and hp continues to increase as the stack increases past the effective size.

vossboss, if you have any missile or ship based fleets you can spare as snipers for the tank fleets that would be much appreciated. As far as a permanent assignment, I'll be checking on you every so often in regards to your wealth/tech status and decide later.
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:01 am

I'll build at least 1 Tank Fleet. Realistically, how many guns do you want on these? Are they designed to simply be token damage and all defense (1 gun) or are we talking a little more firepower than that?

Thanks,
    Jycard
    Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Lord_Unseen Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:06 am

At this point, token damage is all I want for tank fleets. Make sure they are min range and probably closes target so they hem in any attackers into the entrance, allowing our ship based and missile snipers to to real damage.
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 am

Not a problem. How soon do you want the fleets to the planet? I'm trying to build those as well as keep my other ships building.

Thanks,
    Jycard
    Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Lord_Unseen Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:45 am

Well, we can't put any fleets on the planet until it comes out of protection. There's nothing we can do about that. I would like to see fleets out and in position as soon as possible afterward. I won't give exact times because this isn't an attack that needs to be coordinated. That being said, right now we are at a little under 39 hours, so be prepared as soon as you see the planet is out of protection. I will try to be on when it goes out of protection to remind everybody.
    DrGnBean

Post  DrGnBean Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:46 pm

I will work on those tank fleets as well. Frigates are best??

I might not have them functional for this 1st attack date, i should have them by the 2nd thou.

DrGnBean
    Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Lord_Unseen Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Yeah, frigates are best. Whatever you can spare for the first round would help.
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Will we see a Pirate attack or are we talking PvP?

Jycard
    Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Lord_Unseen Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 pm

As far as I can tell, there will be no pirate attacks. We are talking about pvp but, I don't think we'll be seeing any attacks on this first day. Still, I think we should be defending it. In addition to that, it will help us build up our permanent defenses.
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:21 pm

OK...so I'm a little confused...how does it come out every 3 days? Does it come out of protection for a day or is it until we are attacked? I'm just trying to clarify.

Thanks,
    Jycard

PS...sorry for all the questions.
    Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Lord_Unseen Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Far as we know right now (our info is from Feline_Forever), it comes out for a day. But we did find out that we can send fleets in while the planet is under protection. Use the territory tab in our corps window. The planet will come out of protection in 23 hours, I would like to see people there before that.
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:31 am

I'm waiting for an improvement on a BP before I have my Tank Fleet ready. I'll keep an eye on it in case we see an attack so I can send Fleets immediately. As soon as my Tank Fleet is ready, I'll send it.

Jycard
    DrGnBean

Post  DrGnBean Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:08 pm

I will have one tank fleet up in about 3 hours here, then i will send it and a couple missle fleets for this first defense period. I will try to have that second tank fleet up by next days attack period. Is there anything else you needed? Consider me perminant defense on planet 16 with you unless i am ordered elsewhere
    gamibash
    gamibash

Post  gamibash Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm kinda in the area of the newly taken RSP and I have some ships kicking around roughly 6-7k. Problem is I have no tank fleets sooo my fleets basically have big guns but a glass chin. Here if you need them though. What a Face
    DrGnBean

Post  DrGnBean Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:32 pm

What i just found out as i garrisioned the defense planet: your fleets instantly travel to the defense planet and once there is you "home" them they travel instantly back to your home. There is no travel time (at least for me being in the same system).
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Question about Tank Fleet...

Given that guns don't matter...would it be better to have 1 massive stack or to have all 9 spots with large stacks?

Jycard
    Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Lord_Unseen Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm not entirely sure. I think, let's try nine stacks for now.
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:33 am

Unseen...

I'm still building my Ballistic Tank Fleet. I apologize it is not ready yet, but as soon as it gets to a decent size, I'll send it. Right now, it's only at 2400 ships.

Jycard
    DrGnBean

Post  DrGnBean Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:27 am

The player Holy from corp [Sparons] is sitting in striking distance of RSP 16, with permission from leadership i think (prob from unseen is best) we should give him a chance to move his planet and if he doesnt we should attack and drive him away. What you my other members here in 16 think?

Also dont forget to send your defense ships, you never know if/when someone will try to attack. Some corps that are not strong enuf to take pirate owned planets might just try a player one if they its not defended as well.

DrGnBean
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Lord_Unseen,

I've been asked by ethos to move near his RSP. Do you need me where I am or should I move to help him?

Thanks,
    Jycard
    Lord_Unseen
    Lord_Unseen
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Lord_Unseen Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Jycard, you can move if ethos needs you. Just remember, we can bring fleets to RSP's instantly. So, if I need your help, I'll call.
    Jycard

Post  Jycard Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:03 pm

I try to keep my Tank Fleet moving, but I'll be glad to drop in anytime if you want more units or if I have more units.

Thanks!

Jycard

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:33 am