Lords Corp Forum

Please login to view forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lords Corp Forum

Please login to view forum.

Lords Corp Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Lords Corp, Galaxy Online 2

Prempttive Defense Strategy for Lords Corp members Planets and RSP's (Read Please)

Rockwall
    Rockwall
    Admin
    Admin

Prempttive Defense Strategy for Lords Corp members Planets and RSP's  (Read Please) Empty Prempttive Defense Strategy for Lords Corp members Planets and RSP's (Read Please)

Post  Rockwall Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 am

I have come up with a defense strategy I would like all Lords Corp members to adopt regarding defending your home planet as well as the Resource Bonus Planet. I have had this strategy thought out for awhile but just never got around to posting or telling anyone of it. We are nearing the point where possible attacks from higher corps could happen, so its best to start this now.

This strategy utilizes pure tank fleets and auto-pinning enemy fleets upon arriving at your home planet or the Corps Resource Bonus Planets.
    Basically, I would like you guys to develop tanks, using any ship that has Chrome Armor (Strong vs Heat and Kinetic.) The Howler is a good ship for this.

The tanks should have the following modules varying in quantity depending on user preference.

Tanks should have 1 movement.
    As many Heat and Kinetic shield modules as you can effectively fit.
    Station Warehouse is preferred.
    1 Agility booster.
    1 Gravity Maint. Facility
    0 AA or Missile interception cabins.
    0 Weapon Modules
    At least 4-6 Ship reinforcement.
    The rest of the installation space should be filled with orbital shields or atomic framework.

These tanks should be setup in a Diamond formation, or completely filling the all fleet slots. They should be stacked until each stack has the maximum (3000).
    For Home Defense, set these fleets with a commander that has A or B in the respective ship your using as well as high dodge. Create 8 Fleets of these tanks, and set them in each corner 1 space away from the last square in the corner. Resource bonus planets will only need 2 fleets for this.

Set two fleets behind these tanks based on what type of weapon these fleets do so they are automatically in range or can move to be in range. Put heavy tanks in the front of these damage fleets.

What does this do? And how does it work?

Firstly, these tank fleets will auto pin enemy fleets when they arrive at your planet or the corps resource planet. This means no fleet but Ballistic fleets will be able to hit the tanks. Ballistic weapons only can do Kinetic or Heat damage, meaning these thanks will take A LOT to take out from pure ballistic fleets. Now your attack fleets behind are in range, but your fleets will also be in range of the enemy fleets longer range. But you will have tanks in the front, helping to block as much damage as possible. This will also pin enemy fleets and allow your defense structures to hit the fleets until your tanks die. The enemy will not be able to flank attack your damage fleets, and you will be able to get flank attacks on them.

This strategy should cripple a lot of attackers for the time being. If you have any questions email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or ask me in game.

Remember this is a strategy to slowly build up over time, and is ONLY used for defending RSP's or your home planet. They will NOT be very effective anywhere else.

For now, I would like LT.Generals and their subs to gather people to make small decoy fleets, and start building up decoys to place 1 space away from the spawn point on RSP's to auto pin attacking fleets. Until we are able to build suitable tank fleets for this assigned role.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:57 am